Inactive logout has been updated to version 3.0 after a long time. This update includes a-lot of changes where the plugin codebase has been changed and built from scratch again. As, for the scripts that runs for the main task i.e handling inactivity – those also have been written from the ground up to give the functionality more robust implementation.
As, with previous versions of the plugin – this update does not change much for UX however, on the inside there is a-lot going on and everything is totally new, fully built from scratch to make the functionality more robust and engaging.
Here a few major changes that have been done in version 3.0.0
- Total codebase re-design.
- React JS for tracking inactivity.
- More secure code.
- Upgraded to PHP 7 standards.
- Upgraded performance and reliability with tracking when working with multiple tabs. (Previously it was hit or miss)
- More information to debugger.
Check change-log section for more information.
There are still alot of plans to be implemented for the plugin and now with 3.0 – it seems it is just getting started to a new beginning. Hope our users like it. Let us know if there are any bugs that you have found.